Awards & Jury Members
The Arpa IFF brings acclaimed international filmmakers and entertainment professionals, including producers, directors, writers, and agents to select the films that stand above the rest.
2016 Arpa IFF Awards
- BEST SHORT FILM will receive a film grant for $500, and the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM will receive the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BEST DOCUMENTARY FEATURE FILM will receive the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BEST SCREENPLAY will receive the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BEST DIRECTOR will receive the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BEST FEATURE NARRATIVE FILM will receive a film grant for $1,000, and the Arpa IFF Crystal.
- BREAKTHROUGH ARTIST AWARD 2016 Honoree ALBERT KODAGOLIAN
- CAREER ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2016 Honoree SERJ TANKIAN
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2016 Honoree DOMINIQUE PINON
Armin T. Wegner Humanitarian Award
This special award was created by AFFMA following a proposal by Armin T. Wegner Society of USA.
The award is presented each year to a filmmaker whose film deals with subjugated peoples, ethnic cleansing, forced deportation, massacres and genocides. The motion picture must contribute to the fight for social conscience and human rights, a struggle to which Armin T. Wegner devoted his entire life.
- ARMIN T. WEGNER HUMANITARIAN AWARD 2016 Honoree BARED MARONIAN for “WOMEN OF 1915“